Talihina Veterans Center

Talihina Veterans Center

The Talihina Veterans Center was originally constructed as the Eastern Oklahoma Tuberculosis Sanatorium in 1921. The name was changed in 1972, to Oklahoma State Sanatorium. On July 1, 1975, the Sanatorium was transferred to the control of the War Veterans Commission to provide nursing care to Oklahoma veterans, both male and female.

The Oklahoma Veterans Center at Talihina, Okla., is located approximately 2 miles northwest of Talihina on State Highway 63A. Largest in area of all the centers, it is situated on a beautiful 600-acre site at the western edge of the mountainous Ouachita National Forest. The immediate center grounds are adorned with huge native pine and oak trees, patios, and other outdoor activity areas for the 175 nursing care patient beds. A full-time staff of medical providers, registered nurses, and other medical personnel assure the patients the highest quality of care.

For admission information, the applicant should communicate directly with the Admissions Office at P.O. Box 1168 or 10014 SE. 1138th Ave., Talihina, Oklahoma 74571 or by phone at 918-567-2251 or by fax at 918-567-2950 or by email.


APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION

Talihina Veterans Center

10014 SE. 1138th Ave,
Talihina OK 74571
Phone: 918-567-2251
Fax: 918-567-2950

Contact Talihina